Baking has sort of become my form of therapy while I’ve been home for the holidays (yes, I know the holiday season is long gone but I’ve extended my holiday – sue me). So I thought I’d share one of the recipes I’ve been experimenting with!
I’m a lover of all things simple, both recipe wise and clean up wise, and this recipe is no exception!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter (I used half butter, half margarine and it worked out just the well)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
I used a convection oven (halogen oven) to bake my banana bread so there was no preheating involved. I set the oven to 160 degrees Celsius for about 50 minutes. In a normal oven, you’ll need to preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius before, and then bake for the same amount of time.
- Grease a 8″x 5″ loaf tin with an oil spray (or for the lazy people out there like me that don’t like to clean up, use baking paper instead).
- Grab a large bowl and mash the bananas until completely smooth.
- Add the melted butter and mix it all together.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, egg, baking soda, flour and salt and stir it all together the batter is fully combined and quite thick.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour it all in to the loaf tin.
- Chuck it in the oven and bake it for roughly 50 minutes (or until the toothpick you stick in to the centre comes out clean).
- Put it on the side and let it cool completely before cutting it.
- Bon Appetit!
Let me know if any of you try it out!
Sending you lots of good vibes,