I cannot believe we’re at the end of 2016 already. I know everyone and their uncle says that every year but this year has really just flown by. It feels like just the other day I was dancing and bringing in the new year on crutches! 2016 has been an incredible year for me in terms of change as I moved to Melbourne in October and started university.
Here are 6 things I learned in 2016:
- Things happen in their own time & everything happens for a reason. This is such an annoying thing to hear when shit is just not going the way you want it to but it’s completely true and unfortunately you have to just wait out the storm.
- You don’t have to be friends with everyone. You do not need 100 friends. That’s just a lot of work and most of those relationships will probably be very superficial.
- Some relationships are just not meant to last. I definitely believe that everyone comes in to your life for a reason. Either to teach you a lesson or to be there for life. Some relationships fizzle out over time and the dynamics change. Thats absolutely fine.
- A situation is never as black and white as it seems. When you’re judging someone or judging a situation that someone is in, just stop and remember that it’s almost never as black and white as it seems. This is something I am still learning to do.
- Never trust someone who tells you other peoples secrets. Because they’re going to tell other people yours. It’s as simple as that. Be smart about who you trust your information with.
- Patience is key. If you really want something bad enough and you work for it and it’s still not working. WAIT. Wait and work some more because all good things take time.
And just like that another year is gone. I hope your 2016 has been great and I hope 2017 is even better.
Tell me the things you’ve learned in the past 12 months!
Sending you all good vibes,